Get ready for summer reading with our SUMMER BOOK FAIR!
Here’s how it works:
- Shop ALL SUMMER LONG using our Clinton School Book Fair link at Scholastic
- All orders placed via the link by September 4th earn Scholastic Rewards that will support Clinton’s school and classroom libraries
- Orders are delivered right to your doorstep and you can take advantage of FREE shipping on book-only purchases over $25
- Need some ideas? Check out these summer reading book recommendations from Jennifer Latimer, our amazing Clinton librarian!
One of the best things about our Clinton Book Fair is the amazing number of books that our generous families donate every year to our school and classroom libraries, making it a perfect partner to Teacher Appreciation Week each May. We might not be able to have our usual book fair this spring, but we still have an opportunity to help our teachers grow our kids' love of reading by supporting Clinton libraries. We are delighted to announce our virtual book fair with a beloved local icon:
Clinton Book Fair @ Words Bookstore!
As easy as A-B-C and 1-2-3!
Here's how it works:
1. Visit the Words Bookstore website to purchase an online gift code.
2. Fill in the amount you'd like to donate toward classroom libraries and/or the school library. For Recipient's Email, please use "ClintonBookFair@gmail.com."
3. In the Message area, tell us how you would like your donation distributed. For example, "$50 to 5th Grade" or "$20 to Kindergarten and $10 to Mrs Latimer." Please include your name (or your child's name) and your contact info in this space. (Odd quirk of the Words system ... we won't know who it's from unless you add your name here.) Add to cart, check out and you're done!
The Book Fair team will get an email for each purchase and keep track of it all; then librarian-extraordinaire Jennifer Latimer takes over! Once she knows how much was donated toward 2nd Grade, for example, she'll select and purchase books for those classrooms (in other words, each 2nd Grade teacher will get the same collection to add to their in-class library). She's already got her eye on a number of fresh, compelling titles that she would love to see added to classroom libraries.
If you'd like to make a donation in honor of a specific teacher, that's totally fine! But we do need to keep things simple for this alternative-version of a book fair, so donations will ultimately be gathered and used at the grade (or school library) level.
This is a brand-new venture for us and, even without our traditional book fair, we're thrilled to be able to show our gratitude during Teacher Appreciation Week for our incredible Clinton teachers and help get fresh books into the hands of our Clinton students when they return to school. Even better? Partnering with Words Bookstore to support an amazing local business during this unprecedented time of social distancing and economic disruption. If you have any questions, please reach out to our Book Fair team. They're happy to help!
► Words Bookstore Online Gift Codes