Can you help SOMA Shares?
Seth Boyden Elementary has been one of the district lunch distribution points throughout this entire period of distance learning. The Seth Boyden PTA saw a need and an opportunity to supplement the district program and they have done AMAZING work. Their SOMA Shares initiative has partnered with local businesses and community organizations, the Parenting Center and the Achieve Foundation, our SOMSD PTAs and HSAs, and Cougar Cares to provide books, school and art supplies, toiletries, extra groceries and fresh produce for SOMSD families at both lunch locations. The Clinton PTA is proud to support SOMA Shares with a $500 donation, plus fresh produce harvested from our Clinton Community Garden.
Lunch, along with SOMA Shares' extras, is available every school day at Seth Boyden Elementary and Columbia High School through June 26th, with plans to continue the SOMA Shares program over the summer at Maplecrest Park. It's an incredible program and it could use your help to keep supporting local families:
▪ Can you shop for extra groceries, toiletries, or cleaning supplies when buying for your own family?
▪ Can you donate school supplies with this Amazon Wish List?
▪ Can you shop locally with Words or A Paper Hat? Simply make a note that it's for the Seth Boyden PTA and they will pick up at the store.
▪ Do you have contacts at companies or organizations that might want to donate?
▪ Do you have books in good condition to donate?
▪ Look out for a signup genius to volunteer to help over the summer. This will require a community effort!
▪ Please help spread the word!
All donations must be brought to one of several local drop-off locations. Please DO NOT drop off or have items delivered to any school. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for the best drop-off location for you.
Donations of any size are welcome, because distribution happens every weekday. Any support you can give is truly appreciated!