CLINTON IS PROUD TO BE A “LEADER IN ME” SCHOOL!
The Leader in Me program is Franklin Covey’s whole school transformation process. It teaches 21st century leadership and life skills to students and creates a culture of student empowerment based on the idea that every child can be a leader. Clinton piloted aspects of the program during the 2016-17 school year. Beginning with the 2017-18 school year, Clinton is adopting the Leader in Me principles and rolling out the program schoolwide.
Content from The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People is a key component of the overall The Leader in Me process. The 7 Habits is a synthesis of universal, timeless principles of personal and interpersonal effectiveness, such as responsibility, vision, integrity, teamwork, collaboration and renewal, which are secular in nature and common to all people and cultures.
Clinton School faculty and staff have completed the Leader in Me professional development program for faculty and staff, and the 7 Habits of Happy Kids are being integrated into the school experience for students in a variety of ways. For example:
- Students can apply to be a part of the Student Lighthouse Team
- The Clinton Job Board includes postings for opportunities for leadership at the school.
- The Clinton Courier (the school newspaper) is now populated with student content.
- Annual school goals are set, and a bulletin board in the school’s front hallway shows progress toward those goals. During the pilot year, the goals included reaching “minutes of movement,” books read, and Box Tops collected targets.
- Upper grade students will have binders that help them set and track individual goals as well.
27 Berkshire Road
Maplewood, NJ 07040